I went outside for a few minutes. It is partly cloudy tonight. I walked out to the middle of the driveway and looked up at the sky.
It was dark, we have no lights in the driveway so when the flashlight went out for the first few seconds it was pitch black until my right eye adjusted. It is cold outside tonight, only ten degrees Celsius (50 Fahrenheit), but I did not notice it even dressed in shorts, a t-shirt and my bright blue foam clogs.
Through my right eye, the one with pigmentary glaucoma, I could make out the stars and a cloud mass passing overhead. I can't see the detail of the stars, I haven't been able to since about 6th grade (glasses in 7th grade). They are just fuzzy points of light.
I remember the last time I could see the stars. No, not the specific date, and rather it was the first time I guess that I couldn't see them. I had my new glasses but I had lost that clarity I once had of the moon and stars. I remember it was winter. I was tobogganing with a few friends and we walked up to the top of the Centennial Park hill. I looked up at the clear night sky full of stars and all I could see were fuzzy white spots. I have since wondered if my eyesight was ever as clear and exact as I once believed it to be. I will never know for certain.
Through my left eye, the one with the oil bubble in it from a second surgery (scleral buckle) to repair a detached retina, the night sky appeared brighter. The clouds were whiter, the sky a slight light glow, and the stars, though slanted off to the side and watery, were a little bit brighter. I could see the Big Dipper which appeared above the house, though I know it is much farther away, the whole length of it.
I picked a cluster of stars and made a wish. Yes, more than one star. You can't be too careful picking just one star these days, you might pick the one least likely to grant your wish. Yes, I am being silly but you just never know. We are all made of stars after all, you never know who might be listening or watching.
Peaceful and quiet, no sounds of humans with little respect for others, no cats scurrying about in restless spring fever, no dogs barking and whining at the wind. I could hear a bird chirping quietly somewhere, perhaps maybe a baby bird not ready to go to sleep in the nest yet? I almost wandered off down the lane out to the road for a walk but I am hardly dressed for such an excursion at one thirty in the morning.
All I desire for this year is to have my vision back to "normal" and be able to, see the stars at night, even as blurry little points of light, once again.
The ‘age’ of souls can be identified as – Young, Mature, Old and Ancient. A ‘Rebr’ standing for ‘Reborn’ can be of any age group.
A ‘Young’ soul is usually one less than a couple of lifetimes old, rarely more than 3 and never more than 5, it is defined not so much by how long rather than by how much they have lived, and, as such, learned.
‘Young’ souls are – youthful, playful, innocent, naïve, open, unsuspecting, unknowing, gullible, idealistic and worldly.
They are susceptible to substance abuse, victimization. They take everyone and everything at face value, not because they are wise, but rather because they don’t know any better.
They can be ‘read’ for their ‘newness’, their ‘playful’ energy, a euphoric feeling of childhood innocence.
'Mature’ (the ‘new old’) – knowledgeable, experienced, worldly, the ‘newness’ is still present but their age is similar to someone in their 30’s. They ‘read’ with a feeling of ‘understanding’ of their ‘past’ lives and experiences are ‘sensed’.
‘Old’ – the ‘newness’ is gone, they possess a knowledge far beyond their years, even at a young physical age their ‘energy’ is strong, defined… many suffer from a sort of ‘mid life’ crisis – repeating life lessons over and over, like in a loop, lasting for generations even centuries.
‘Ancient’ – these are the ones who have gained most of their needed life experiences, but for one reason or another have not transcended. An ancient soul can have one of two distinctive personalities – either ‘positive’ or ‘negative’.
‘Ancient souls’ (negative) – wisdom, intelligence, very difficult to ‘read’, like curtains they are rippled layers. Most commonly they are ‘trapped’ not actually learning anything, almost stuck in a dark pit and falling lower and lower as the years of their life pass, they ‘exist’, they ‘settle’ at some point, one of their lives they were wronged, deceived or hurt so emotionally, soulfully that they will never completely recover. They live with regret, resentment, despair and it is reflected in physical ailments and deficiencies.
They are the ‘forefathers’, the ‘ancient ones’ the souls that first walked the earth, existing for millennia perhaps more.
Reborn – for some reason I don’t have a definition, but I think Thomas Moore summed it up best in ‘Care of the Soul’. “The loss of a soul – emptiness, meaningless, vague depression, disillusionment about marriage, family and relationships, a loss of values, a hunger for spirituality and a yearning for personal fulfillment.” Add to this a short life span and suicide and you have re-borns – those souls that were not ready to come back into being and are not ‘soulless’ so much as ‘lost souls’.
And there you have it, the definitions of the soul ages by Ledicarus J
Clairvoyance - the faculty of perceiving things or events in the future beyond normal sensory contact.
Clairaudient - the power to hear sounds said to exist beyond the reach of ordinary experience or capacity, as the voices of the dead
Precognition - future vision, future sign is a claimed psychic ability to see events in the future.
I have had several instances of, what I guess would be channeling, though it is more empathy as the people have been alive at the time I received messages from them. If you've ever watched the movie "White Noise" then you will know what I am talking about. Here is a spoiler. Jonathan Rivers, played by Michael Keaton, becomes obsessed with EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) following the tragic death of his wife. In one scene a traumatized spirit calls out to John concerning a woman involved in a car accident. He rushes to the scene in time to save her baby before a felled electrical line kills the mother. At the moments before her death her soul cried out for help.
In my personal experiences I have been able to connect with souls in the moment, sometimes they were in distress while other times I was just focused enough to see them in a vision.
These are in no particular order.
I recall, years ago, the story in the news of a young male, I think pre-teen, who had been in an argument with his parents over playing video games and had subsequently run away from home.
In my vision I saw the boy very cold and alone. He was in a partly forested area. He laid down and went to sleep. The next day after a police search, they found in the boy in the woods near his home. He had died of exposure.
Another time, while living in Ohio in the late nineties, a news report came on the radio about 9-1-1 calls the police had received. A driver had gone off the road and crashed his car. He called the police and said he, if I recall was somewhere north or east of the city. He was still calling in but a search of those areas revealed nothing.
I connected to him and told a witness "I (he) is disoriented, his car is to the south on its roof beyond some trees".
About an hour or so later a trucker on 270 spotted a damaged guardrail along the highway. They found the intoxicated driver in his overturned car in a field. The vehicle had not been found sooner because it was located south of the city concealed from the road by trees and shrubs.
Another time, in the late nineties or early two thousands, also in Ohio, an elderly man with dementia wandered away from his home near downtown Columbus. Again police were looking for him and relatives thought he had walked west toward the downtown core. I again told a witness what I saw "he has gone east not west away from the downtown". I heard on the radio several hours later that he had indeed been found east of his home not west as they thought he would be.
My most recent instance was an unusual one for me, instead of channeling it was pre-cognitive in nature. I was walking the open trails in a park in Owen Sound, Ontario. I was walking on the path along the river. The first section of trail before the forest is bordered by a river on the west and high escarpment foothills to the east. As I walked along I kept feeling something coming from up over the hills. It was a lonely feeling not traumatic but what I now know as "lost".
When I got home the news the next morning reported a teenager who had gone missing in the park the day before and was found by authorities that morning. If I remember he had taken shelter in a cave to protect against the cold temperatures overnight.
Here is the rub. I felt that feeling at least one hour before the kid had even started out on his walk in the park. I had felt the sensation of despair at being lost before the person had gone lost. I do not know if this has happened to me in the past but I will definitely remember this time for a while (2019).
This ability to connect with souls is not limited to humans. One time I talked for a few moments with the neighbours' Husky dog. I looked into the dogs eyes and felt pain. I knew I would never see the dog again. Three days later the owner made the 'on the spot; decision to have the dog put to sleep due to terminal medical issues. I never told them or anyone else what I had experienced.
There are two instances that I can not prove but both had witnesses I told what I was experiencing at the time.
The first occurred late in the evening in a suburban neighbourhood of Kincardine, Ontario known as the Hospital District. I think it was the summer of 2003 or 2004. I was having an insightful conversation with a close friend. We were sitting along the street about half a block from the lake. I was in the right mood, if you will, to receive messages from the paranormal. It was not long before I received the energy of a young sailor, maybe mid to late twenties, who had drowned while working on a cargo ship. I think the ship sank but I can not be certain. I have researched on and off for years for a report of a ship sinking or people drowning in the area that far north of the harbour.
Another case that can not be proven took place at an old abandoned farmhouse and property. I was joined that evening by a second medium and our combined abilities acted like a magnet to the energies present on the farm. In our time there I identified three human spirits - two male and 1 female, and a fourth one I could not tell. I saw it as a dark shadow in the after dusk lighting of the evening.
The two males, brothers, appeared to be slightly older than their sister. I would place their ages in their twenties. It could, however, just be my translation because of the state and age of the house, but they appeared to be dressed in late nineteenth or early twentieth century attire. I remember the female had long, past her shoulder, length hair and a white dress. The brothers were protective of her even when I connected with them. The other entity was neutral, both of us sensed it in the back corner of the yard near a shed and piles of brush. It did not feel evil just clearly present and not wanting to be defined.
When I was a kid groin up in Small Town, Ontario, I had two best friends, Ryan and Ben, from around grade five until I graduated high school in grade twelve. I would frequently play at Ryan's house and before going over there I would call him to tell him I was coming. I can not begin to count the number of times I would pick up the phone to call Ryan and he had picked his phone up to call me at the same time. No dialing, no ringing phone, just there was his voice on the other end of the line. It became so common place that we stopped being surprised by each others' voices saying "hello" as one of us pressed a key or two before realizing. How do phones connect when you have not even dialed the number yet?
I have had many instances of seeing just dark shadows. A couple I have already discussed in previous entries - my friend's house in Owen Sound, the farm yard one above that I visited with a psychic friend, the third the story of the crossroads in Nordegg.
Here are other situations that were never thoroughly explored or explained.
I was driving home one night in December 2019, down Concession 2 heading toward Inverhuron, Ontario. A tall dark shadow, like a man but I estimate to be over seven feet tall, darted as if sprinting across the road from right to left. It disappeared into the yard of the switching stations and trees on the corner. It was not my headlights as it appeared to pass through the beams of light.
A couple of times dark shadows were seen by several people in stores I worked in while living in Ohio. These stories will be discussed in their own separate blog in the future.
I have seen shadows while I walked the streets of Brampton late at night, not connected to any physical beings. This started in my late teens, in my home town and was somewhat uncontrolled during my years in the city into my early twenties.
Another time I saw a shadow, white not black or grey, during an instance of sleep paralysis. I will discuss this at another time as well.
Notes to YouTubers exploring the #paranormal Ghosts & Paranormal in Ontario
So I have a bit of experience over the years and I've watched literally hundreds of hours of video on the paranormal, so here are a few tips I personally have. You might agree with some of this or none of it at all. That's fine. This is my personal knowledge and experience, you can take it with a grain of salt.
Things I've noticed in videos when they use a spirit box to communicate.
1. Spirits are not deaf and neither are your viewers. Stop shouting at the spirit box like you have a bad 1990s cellphone connection.
2. slower sweeps through the channels in reverse seem to receive better clearer responses than fast sweeps.
3. I forget what it's called, but that device that only says the words and no static, turn the dang echoing off. it is irritating to listen to and doesn't make words any clearer in the end. I've watched people using it and half the time they are struggling o know what was even said. Another reason to keep it in a normal setting is the echo effect steps all over your next question or the spirits next answer making it hard to understand.
4. Slow down and give spirits a chance to reply. Remember you are talking to a dead person. Keep your questions clear and concise. Normally you only get one or two words reply but if your question has five sub-questions in it how is the spirit supposed to give a direct answer?
5. Don't assume that the spirit you want to talk to in a location is going to be the one that comes through the device, more than one person has died in the world.
6. If you are "legit" and the spirit box is working then don't stop it and switch to something else just to entertain your viewers. It's annoying to watch potential conversation interrupted by "oh, let's try this now". How would you like it if someone is talking on the phone with you, then they want to be on messenger, then they want to be on facetime, then they want... and so on. You'd quickly piss off your friend and you're pissing off the spirit.
Normal vs Paranormal
1. look for the explained before writing it off as paranormal. i don't know how many times I've watched people claim it was an abnormal sound when it was just the building creaking or settling or a car or truck passing by (this can be heard sometimes up to a block away for just a normal truck, depends on the building and ground).
2. Not every orb you see on camera is paranormal. Smartphones for example, I had a Samsung that, when aimed in the direction of the sun, would place a small orb in the picture. It's an optical effect created by the lens nothing more. When you have a camera with a light on it in the dark, unless the orb is moving about the view in a usual way, it's more likely just dust in the air.
3. If you are exploring old abandoned locations remember that black mold and asbestos dust will kill you faster than any spirit. Wear a mask and eye protection. Many people are not aware that bird poop contains bacteria that over time can harm your vision.
4. This is for legal disclaimer here: Never ever break into a location. If you can not enter through an open door or window then do not go. Trespassing is illegal and breaking and entering is worse. Never remove anything from a location, even abandoned. That cool little figurine you found could have a spirit attached to it.
1. contrary to popular myth perpetuated by ill-informed entertainment looking to sell cinema tickets - a pentacle is not demonic, a pentagram is not demonic, an inverted pentacle is not demonic and saying otherwise in your videos is just insulting and ignorant. Uneducated people have twisted these symbols to mean what media has taught then vs what is reality.
2. ALWAYS thank a spirit for communicating with you, and ALWAYS tell the spirit to remain at the location and do not follow you home. If they want to go anywhere then encourage them to go into 'the light'. Crystals, crosses, and prayers are tools. If you welcome negativity into your life then no amulet will protect you.
3. Don't play with a ouija board just for the entertainment of your viewers. Know what you are doing and take it seriously.
4. Dybbuk boxes are serious. Do not open one or even order one from the internet unless you are prepared for the negative consequences.
5. Haunted dolls, the same as dybbuk boxes are serious. And remember that unless you live alone you may be subjecting others in your household to things that they did not willfully choose to happen. Be respectful of others.
6. Mirrors, these can turn into portals under the right conditions. Be mindful. If you are using an ouija board you might consider covering any mirrors in the room. Just a suggestion.
7. If you welcome negative spirits you will get negative spirits. Stay positive, stay focused on love and peaceful thoughts. Unless you want to attract demonic energies and poltergeists, if so then be prepared!
8. Cats can sense spirits (as can dogs and children) more than adult humans. Cats are more likely to attract and be comfortable around positive energies. They are less likely to attract negative ones but they can definitely sense and see them. I've heard and read that having a cat in the house can protect you, but I consider them to be another tool when it comes to detecting spirits and energies. I have found less spirits or energies in places where there are more cats.
1. If there is a thump or a bang and everyone reacts, you don't need to repeat over and over "Did you hear that?" Obviously they did. If your viewers are watching they either heard it or they didn't. Repeating the question over and over won't change that fact.
2. Reacting to something without capturing it on camera or recording is just silly when you think others will find it scary. If you want to make an entire video like that of you being scared don't mislabel it as something paranormal captured just to get hits on your video.
1. Not every place is haunted even when people tell you it is. If you are really investigating the location then walk in there with at least an ounce of skepticism.
2. If you are new to investigating, many paranormal investigators (not amateur) spend hours experimenting and typically might get one or two credible responses. It's better to show a video and tell people how you didn't get any responses than making a big deal out of little things just to imply that you did.
3. Know the devices you are experimenting with and test them out beforehand so you know how they react to normal conditions. If something is "going crazy" don't be afraid to turn it off or reboot it to see if it is a mechanical or electrical malfunction.
That's all for now, if you have anything positive to add feel free to comment.
The next story I want to tell you about is a night in a place called Mount Chinguacosy. The ski hill is located in the city of Bramalea, Ontario. The hill is only twenty-one metres high but the climb feels like you are going up one of the small foothills in Alberta. Surprisingly this man-made hill is mostly constructed from the basements dug for housing in the surrounding area. I believe the hill is a magnet for energy, paranormal and otherwise. It is the tallest hill for several kilometres and surrounded by a human sea of electrical and wireless outlets.
I have been up the hill many times, especially during the early nineties when I lived in Brampton-Bramalea. I have watched a couple of the seasonal meteor showers from the hill top and on a clear day you can see the CN Tower in Downtown Toronto thirty kilometres away.
I have always been 'in tune' with the paranormal side and as an empath one of my abilities is channeling. If I am comfortable around you then you can see me talking to them and picking the out in a space around us. The years have taught me to translate entities into masses of energy versus human or demonic shape for the most part. I have trained my mind to see them for what they are - pure energy. Back in 1994, however, dark energy appeared to me in two forms - black mist-like clouds and entities representing demonic form.
During 1994 I was dating a woman in a long distance relationship. As we had little money to spend when she came to the city for a visit one of our free activities was to go to the park. It was normally late at night so we would sit together in the parking lot, right there on the asphalt, or climb up the hill to look at the lights of the city. The "gold coast" as I used to call it, Mississauga, a city located to the south along the shores of Lake Ontario, used orange street lights which gave the appearance of a shimmering ribbon of gold.
One night we climbed up the hill to the top for some quiet time together (making out). It was a typical summer night, the weather was decent with partial clouds but thankfully rain free. We got to the top of the hill and stood next to an old service shed, about the size of two porta-potties. I believe the shed has since been replaced with a new one along with other changes including new fencing and signage.
I did not feel anything paranormal during our walk up the hill or as we stood there. We started holding each other close and kissing. She was nearly a foot shorter than me so I moved to lean back against the shed to support us.
When my back touched the shed I felt a strong negative surge of energy pulse through my body. We both moved away suddenly from the shed. I did not say anything right then but she commented how she had felt something (get your mind out of the gutter). She told me she had felt the pulse pass through her and agreed it was time for us to get out of there.
I saw something else in that moment when my back touched the shed, but I did not tell her about it until we were safely back in our car. We literally bee-lined down the hill, trying not to fall, as quickly as we could to get away from the negative pulse of energy we had both felt.
The five minute walk down the hill was equally alarming. While I have, over the years, possessed the skills to identify and repel negative energies I am still very aware of their presence. At the time the most demonic (and poltergeists) would take the literal form of demons to my second sight. I would see them as, not black, but a consuming darkness in physical form much like the shape and appearance of gargoyles up to the size of mid sized dogs but far more sinister and evil looking. We passed by at least a dozen of them that I was able to repel with my mind. I could literally see them cower and retreat our of path. I am not certain now whether it was my ability or a directive from the entity in the shed that had them react in this way. Perhaps both?
When we got safely back to her car I told her about what I had seen over the last ten minutes.
In the moment we felt the energy pulse I visualized a literal demon standing crouched over consuming most of the space inside the shed. I would guess if it were standing outside it would be over eight feet in height. It was clear to me in my mine, the eyes, the claws, the wings. This, to me, tells me it was a strong evil energy, so much so that my mind translated it into a clear identifiable form. It was the leader and its minions had been present during our retreat down the hill.
I have seen and sensed similar negative energies since but none have matched the intensity or clarity of this particularly evil entity. It was not my first nor last brush with evil, in the near future I will tell you about the thunderstorm that chased us out of the Forks of the Credit park, one evening back in the late nineties, in a future blog.
I know, real detailed title eh.
ok, now that was weird. I was out front of the house on the deck. when I came in I could swear that a black insect, looked like a wasp but several inches long, flew in at the corner of the door near my feet. the dog didn't see it and I saw nothing moving in the room. i know my eyes play tricks on me, especially these days, but that was just creepy. A wasp would make perfect sense, as it was over twenty degrees today, but it is now eleven at night. The other thing is that I did not see anything inside the door after it closed nor on the deck when I looked out the window.